Sunday 28 October 2007

Luso



I had to face up to it.After a period of denial, I was still in mourning for Mourinho. With a heavy heart, I had to admit that my unrequited affair with the special one was over. To start the healing process, I invited pal Andrea to lunch at newish Portugese eatery, Luso.

With thankfully no discernible interest in football, Andrea is an erudite conversationalist with a European educated palate. We started with Clams Cataplana , Piri Piri chicken livers and academic life, moving on to Lamb Castelo Branco, Piri Piri Chicken, art, film and with no mention of Jose, my admiration of some of Kevin Costners' sports output [Bull Durham and Tin Cup].

It proved to be a restorative encounter and we parted replenished. As for me and Jose, he will always have a place in my heart. But, with the 6-0 gubbing of City, I can finally move on.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So still got your love affair with Chelsea then!

robert hamilton said...

But ofcourse Jim