Wednesday 21 May 2008

Buzzrocks



With the academic year drawing to a close I've been marking for what seems like an eternity. I can't even read a newspaper without marking it! To escape the torrent of words that I feel swamped by, I made my way into Hulme and to the Carribean delights of 'Buzzrocks'. After starting in a van, 'Buzzrocks' has established itself in the post-modern new builds in post-Corbusier Hulme, serving the multicultural denizens of that parish, not to mention the visitors from far and wide to sample some great West Indian food. I opted for the Jerk Chicken special with rice and peas.

Fed and watered (great grape soda!), I waded my way back to the sea of words that awaited me. Thank heaven for the small islands of culinary culture that surrounds the dead sea of the University and the thousands of scrolls that struggle to be translated into numbers.

1 comment:

bih said...

I live in Hulme and havent eaten from Buzzrocks lately, your review has me thinking I should treat myself and review it as my new forum!

Best in Hulme Best in Hulme Community forum

Feel free to add any reviews from eateries in Hulme there!